Candidates, especially from younger generations, expect a level of hyper-personalization in every interaction during the hiring process. This blog delves into the world of service design thinking and experience design, highlighting their growing importance in reimagining the candidate experience. Discover how to attract and retain top-notch talent by optimizing your hiring strategies to align with candidate needs and preferences in our latest blog.
Service Design Thinking
Today’s employees want hyper-personalization in every interaction they have during the hiring life cycle. A standard one-size-fits-all service offering just won’t do. Recruiters must integrate creativity and empathy, the two pillars of service design thinking, into their service delivery to provide impactful experiences to the candidate.
To attract and entice highly skilled or elusive talent, it is important to design a great hiring process by also using elements of ‘Experience Design.’ Recruiters need to align all the factors that contribute to a talent’s overall perception of the organization, the job, and the recruitment process by making it attractive and interesting to them.
At its core, service design thinking looks to optimize hiring strategies after a thorough understanding of what the end users want. Your talent acquisition strategy can be multifaceted, including workplace flexibility, diversity and inclusion, effective onboarding, the use of technologies, and more.
It is an emerging solution that will help address the global talent shortage. For example, to attract talent from anywhere, talent acquisition leaders are moving towards an agile borderless talent acquisition strategy, where talent is hired based on skill sets regardless of where they are located.
So whether it is reengineering a service that already exists or creating one from scratch, service design and experience design thinking is all about taking your recruitment practices to the next level, checking all the boxes of candidate needs and wants
- Place the candidates in the center and design the hiring process, thinking of them as customers. Nurture them using impactful brand and employee stories, and strategically position your Employee Value Proposition to inspire them over a period of time.
- Leverage career sites and tailored landing pages for your hiring efforts – with features like one-click apply, intuitive job discovery, segmented EVP messaging, etc.
- Conduct comprehensive candidate journey mapping to better understand the experiences and touchpoints in a candidate’s typical hiring journey with your organization and plot them out visually for better implementation.
- Provide consistent and cohesive experiences and messaging across stakeholders at various stages of the hiring process.
- Make onboarding a personalized and rich experience involving senior stakeholders and leveraging technology – virtual tours, gamified experiences, paperless onboarding, etc.
- Add elements of experience design into the process to enhance talent’s overall perception of the organization.
Revolutionize your candidate experience by embracing these principles of service design. Download our 2023 Talent Playbook for more innovative approaches that put candidates at the center of the recruitment journey. Elevate your HR strategies and create meaningful experiences for top talent!